HARBOUR SUPERVISOR, TEMPORARY
Closing Date: February 23, 2018
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
File Number: SV18-28
Hours: As required
Salary: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
As a member of the RCCS Department this position will supervise and coordinate harbour staff; manage harbour slip allocation; assign duties and prepare work schedules (daily, weekly and seasonally); resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints; plan and assist in training new staff; refuel boats and pump boat's septic system; receive payment from customers; maintain dock area and harbour facilities.
- Previous harbour administration and supervisory experience of at least one year
- Must possess a valid boater's operator card
- Must have VHR radio training
- Experience and knowledge dispensing fuel in a Marina application
- Working knowledge of legislation pertaining to Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Small Crafts and Harbours
- Experience with cash, credit cards, debit machine and computers
- Extensive customer service experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff and colleagues
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class G Ontario drivers licence
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.