Closing Date: January 18, 2018
Department: Transportation & Operations (Public Works)
File Number: SV17-108
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; night shift as required
Salary: $25.76 per hour
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Reporting to Supervisors within Transportation & Operations and/or the General Manager of Transportation & Operations, the Operator is responsible for completing tasks and operating equipment as assigned by the Supervisors and/or the General Manager of Transportation & Operations to ensure that the municipal road system, wastewater collection systems and related municipal properties are maintained in a safe and reliable manner.
- Minimum Grade 12 Graduation Diploma
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act Regulations relative to signage and pavement markings
- Valid DZ License with an Air Brake Certificate and a safe driving record
- When assigned jobs within the Wastewater Collections system, must hold WWC OIT at minimum.
- Proven ability to operate the equipment as listed in the Job Description (available upon request)
- Comprehensive knowledge of municipal urban, semi-urban and/or rural infrastructure matters
- A minimum of two (2) years in a municipal public works environment operating equipment is required.
- Experience in municipal urban, semi-urban and/or rural infrastructure matters including equipment utilized in the road system is necessary.
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.