SUMMER DAY CAMP - JUNIOR LEADERS, TEMPORARY
Closing Date: March 16, 2018
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
File Number: SV18-26
Hours: 35-42 hours per week, Monday - Friday, various hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (9-10 weeks)
Salary: $14.00 - $14.50 per hour
As a member of the RCCS Department, this staff person will assist the Senior Leader to provide safe supervision, organize and implement games and activities for various camps for children ages 3 to 14 years, allowing the participants to express themselves and socialize in a creative, fun-filled atmosphere.
We offer a variety of camps for various ages and interests. Please clearly specify your skills and abilities and your choice of camp(s).
- General Day Camp (ages 5-10)
- Kinder Camp (additional qualifications)
- Specialty camps for: Grades 1-2 & Grades 3-5
- Youth Camp (Grades 6-8)
- Science/Nature (ages 5-10)
- Arts/Cooking (ages 5-12),
- Sports (ages 6-14)
- Theatre Camp (ages 7-14)
- Backyard Bonanaza (ages 4-12) (additional qualifications)
- Water Sports (ages 6-12) (additional qualifications required)
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High School, College or University student (child related field of study is an asset)
- Child development and previous experience working with children leading various games and activities
- Hold a valid Standard First Aid and C.P.R. certification
- Hold the High Five - Healthy Child Development certification
Additional Qualifications Required:
Water Sports Camp: Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard certification & Swimming Instructor/Canoe certifications are an asset.
Backyard Bonanza Camps: Student in Child & Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Justice Studies, or similar field is an asset.
Kinder Camp: Student in Early Childhood Education is an asset.
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.