SUMMER DAY CAMP - SENIOR LEADERS, TEMPORARY
Closing Date: March 16, 2018
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
File Number: SV18-25
Hours: 35-42 hours per week, Monday - Friday, various hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (9-10 weeks)
Salary: $14.50 - $15.00 per hour
As a member of the RCCS Department, these positions will provide safe supervision and leadership for children and youth ages 3 to 14 years with games and activities, allowing the participants to express themselves and socialize in a creative, fun-filled atmosphere. Senior Leaders will plan and implement summer programs for various camps responsible for monitoring Leaders-In-Training and assisting with administration of the camp.
We offer a variety of camps for various ages and interests. Please clearly specify your skills and abilities and your choice of camp(s).
- General Day Camp (ages 5-10)
- Kinder Camp (additional qualifications required)
- Specialty camps for: Grades 1-2 & Grades 3-5
- Youth Camp (Grades 6-8)
- Science/Nature (ages 5-10)
- Arts/Cooking (ages 5-12),
- Sports (ages 6-14)
- Theatre Camp (ages 7-14)
- Backyard Bonanaza (ages 4-12) (additional qualifications required)
- Water Sports (ages 6-12) (additional qualifications required)
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High School, College or University student or graduate (studying in a child related field is an asset)
- Two (2) years/seasons previous experience as a camp leader and/or a children's recreation leader in a supervisory position
- Hold a valid Standard First Aid and C.P.R. certification
- Hold the High Five - Healthy Child Development certification
Additional Qualifications Required:
Water Camps: National Lifeguard certification is required and Swimming Instructor &/or Canoe certifications are an asset.
Backyard Bonanza Camps: Valid driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle is required. Student in Child & Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Justice Studies, or similar field is an asset.
Kinder Camp: Early Childhood Education graduate is required.
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.