logo

Heritage Properties


10 Patterson Street (Bellevue Terrace)

Built in 1876. Many fine features include the sculptural quoins, the window hoods, the eave brackets and scroll design of the frieze, the elaborately detailed porches, portions of the exterior done in cement (introduced into construction...

Read More

11 Charlotte Street

The house appears to be of a post and beam construction. It is brick lined and covered with two inches of plaster, with an outside covering of clapboard. The front door which faced east appeared to have once been a double door...

Read More

110 Bridge Street West

Built in 1867 by Smith Steven, clerk in the Grand Trunk Railway solicitor's office. Excellent example of a family home owner of modest means. Has original 6/6 pane windows, window sills, and shutters. Acorn brackets extend...

Read More

118 Bridge Street East

Two and a half storey clapboard house on the original stone foundation has a wealth of woodwork details representative of the late Victorian period. Built in 1895 by Mr. H. Pringle of the Pringle Company, Belleville; these builders...

Read More

143-145 Pinnacle Street (Liddle Tailor Shop)

Built in 1850, this two storey double town house is of rubble stone with a brick facade facing Pinnacle Street. The stone is reputed to be 2 feet thick on the end walls and the brick 3-bricks thick on the front wall. It has a parapet...

Read More

15 Market Street (Memorial Arena)

The Memorial Arena has played a significant role in Belleville's sports history for over 70 years. It is situated next to the historic market and was built in 1929 and was to be a smaller version of the well-known Toronto Maple...

Read More

159-161 George Street

Built 1873. The wood used to build the house contained no knots. Above impressive double doors of carved wood, with wood panelling at sides and top, is a pair of double hung windows. The north side features a projecting two storey...

Read More

160 Front Street (Cablevue Facade)

Built in 1872, reflective of the Renaissance Revival style. The facade was a three storey brick building having a masonry arcade across the front at the street level as well as heavy stone quoining at both ends. The facade had...

Read More

169 Front Street (City Hall)

Built in 1873. The tower walls below the clock face and pointed arch bell openings, are pierced by only one tiny window per side. This is in high contrast to any other section of the building. There is a clock face on each side...

Read More

169 Front Street (Market Square)

The original town plan in 1816 reserved land for a market, immediately to the east of this site. In the 1840's the present site was selected for the central market. A market building was erected at the east end in 1849 and...

Read More

173 William Street

Built 1851, this brick building is two storeys high and has a hipped roof. The facade of the house oriented west, is divided into three bays. On the first floor there is a centred entrance under a trellis verandah and this is flanked...

Read More

180 Coleman Street (Billa Flint House)

Built in 1835; two storey brick house with a three bay facade with the entrance in the left-hand bay. The front doorway opening was obviously wide enough for side lights but the sides have been narrowed with modern brick. Investigation...

Read More

191 Charles Street

This house was built in 1872 as a manse for Bridge Street Methodist Church. It is a good example of a Victorian family home. The facade has the door on one side and two tall windows. The upper floor has two tall windows with a...

Read More

193 George Street

Built in 1863 by William Davy, this home is of brick construction and consists of a main building facing George Street and an attached section at the rear referred to as a "kitchen". The wooden brackets under the eaves are simple...

Read More

197 Charles Street

Built between the years of 1872 and 1873, this house is a mixture of various architectural styles, such as Italianate, Victoria, Second Empire and Gothic. It has a mansard roof with small Gothic windows, cast iron crestings, gables...

Read More

20-24 Victoria Avenue (Seldon/Asselstine House)

20 Victoria: Built 1836, building has a cut limestone facade with a balanced arrangement of window and door openings with straight heads of brick voussoirs. Rubble stone side walls rise to parapets at the roof, supported by carved...

Read More

209 John Street

Two and a half storey brick structure with a stone foundation and bargeboard decorated gables on all sides. Most of the windows have segmental arches, excepting two rectangular windows on the north side and all of the windows inside...

Read More

21 Queen Street (Bell-Riggs House)

Built in 1855. The Italianate Tower is over the entrance, but is off-centre to the plan of the whole building. The Italianate is also emphasized in the round headed windows on three sides of the tower, the round headed entrance...

Read More

210 Ann Street

Key attributes of the garden that express its historical association with the Corby family include: the plaque marking the park's donation by the family near the fountain, a replacement of an earlier plaque; and the stone signs...

Read More

220 Station Street (Grand Trunk Railway Protection)

Built 1856. Cut stone structure with dormers and arched windows.

Read More

221 John Street

Built in 1871, this is a two-storey brick structure with a bay extending through both stories on the south front. It has a stone foundation and off-white brick plinth. There are Gothic-type lintels over the first floor windows...

Read More

224 John Street (De-Designated)

Built in 1928. Incorporates all the elements in modern architecture and modern planning based on educational needs, structural means of fire proof construction with reinforced concrete and steel, a mechanical heating system with...

Read More


231 John Street (O’Hare Chant House)

Built in 1854 by John Jordan, part owner of the Victoria Iron Foundry. A five bay, full two storey brick building has a wood shingled roof that is hipped and peaked with a flat part on the top. The roof overhang has boxed wooded...

Read More

237 Front Street (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce)

Built in 1916, a three storey brick and stone structure, built in the classical Victorian Italianate style. The present day structure remains very similar to the original one, with the exception that the awnings have been removed...

Read More

240 William Street

Built 1874. Brick building is T-shaped, with three bay windows on the main floor which lends to it some character. Of special interest is the handsome enclosed winter or storm porch with its long narrow rounded windows which help...

Read More

25 Alexander Street

Italiante features include apred round-headed windows and doors, a tower-like projection on the east facade, and heavy brackets under the eaves. There are round headed windows and doors, iron cresting over the front bay windows,...

Read More

257 Bridge Street East (Glanmore National Historic Site of Canada)

Glanmore was completed in 1883 for John Philpot Curran Phillips. The building was designed by Thomas Hanley, a Belleville architect who was born in Read. This impressive yellow brick house reflects the architectural style of the...

Read More

258 Front Street (Greenleys)

Brackets under cornice, gabled windows on second storey; original stone foundation, with split lath and plaster.

Read More

290 George Street

One and a half storey brick building with an upstairs dormer, has a brick sunporch on the south side and a board and batten wing at the rear. The facade is symmetrical with a centred entry and a large window on each side. The interior...

Read More

296 Church Street (Church of St. Micheal the Archangel)

This Gothic styled church is built of rusticated stone. The plan of the church is rectangular, excepting a small gabled wing on the north west corner which contains the sacristy, and the chancel wall which is a polygonal apse....

Read More

297 Front Street (The Bohemian Penquin)

The Henderson Building is a fine example of the Second Empire style of the 1860's and 1870's, so named after Napoleon III's 'Second Empire' in France around that time. The typical characteristics of the period's...

Read More

45-47 South Front Street (McIntosh-Ridley House)

Built 1817. This early building is of post and beam construction. To the big square timbers of the frame, clapboard was nailed on the outside and hand split lath on the inside. The space between was filled with bricks and mortar....

Read More

54 Station Street (Meyer’s Mill)

Built approximately 1792.

Read More

6 Willard Street

Built 1849; single storied with a central doorway and one large window on each side. The facade features stone lintels, bush hammered with a chiseled margin, over the door and windows. The window sills are also bush hammered. Below...

Read More

75 St. Paul Street (Foster Ward Community Centre)

Built in 1899. Specific features of this building are the polychromatic brickwork, quoining, bell-shaped roof and interior wood casing and trim. The north side of the building presents the facade with centred main door, with one...

Read More

Dundas Street East (Kinsmen Park)

Designated under the guidelines of the Ontario Heritage Act for the preservation and commemoration of the site. The area will remain a public playground with the current programs undisturbed. This was the first designated cemetery...

Read More

Copyright 2015 City of Belleville. All Rights Reserved. Site by They.