logo


118 Bridge Street East

Municipal Address:
118 Bridge Street East, Belleville, ON K8N 1M4

Legal Description:
Lots 12 and 13

Type:
Victorian

Date Designated:
July 16, 1984; Residence By-Law #15538

Two and a half storey clapboard house on the original stone foundation has a wealth of woodwork details representative of the late Victorian period. Built in 1895 by Mr. H. Pringle of the Pringle Company, Belleville; these builders specializing in hardwood interior fittings.

This company also furnished building materials for several prominent banks throughout the province. Each facade displays a peaked gable. Three of these gables are outlined with bargeboard of a design typical of the time. Windows have decorative trim, many with shutters and pedimented heads. The portico and porches are finished with elaborate wood detailing.

The interior contains outstanding wood trim and carved details, with a panelled freestanding staircase. The living room features classically patterned frieze and cornice.

The woodwork of the home is a fine example of its builder's high standards.

Miscellaneous:

Present owners, Mr. & Mrs. N.W. Penn.

Copyright 2015 City of Belleville. All Rights Reserved. Site by They.