191 Charles Street
191 Charles Street, Belleville, ON K8N 1M8
Part of Lot 42, Registered Plan No. 85
January 12, 1987; Residence By-law #12098
This house was built in 1872 as a manse for Bridge Street Methodist Church. It is a good example of a Victorian family home. The facade has the door on one side and two tall windows. The upper floor has two tall windows with a false one in the center. Cornice brackets extend around the main section of the house but are not found on the lower rear wing. The side porch has been restored to be similar to the original. Much of the interior woodwork remains, including the original stairs, fir floors, period baseboards and some wainscoting.