231 John Street (O’Hare Chant House)
231 John Street, Belleville, ON K8N 3E8
Part Lot 17, designated as Part 1, Plan 21R-6597
December 5, 1983; Residence By-Law #11410
Built in 1854 by John Jordan, part owner of the Victoria Iron Foundry. A five bay, full two storey brick building has a wood shingled roof that is hipped and peaked with a flat part on the top. The roof overhang has boxed wooded modillions which are squared off rather than curved and carved. It has the original shutters and wood trim, including the cornice and modillions; cast iron window sills and lintels.
More information about the features and history of the house on file. Correspondence from City of Belleville, Gregg Gordon Architect and LACAC on file