75 St. Paul Street (Foster Ward Community Centre)
75 Saint Paul Street, Belleville, ON K8N 1A9
Lots 14 and 15, East of George Street (formerly Maria Street) according to Reg. Plan no. 24 and Part of Lot 36 according to Reg.
August 19, 1985; By-Law #11755
Built in 1899. Specific features of this building are the polychromatic brickwork, quoining, bell-shaped roof and interior wood casing and trim. The north side of the building presents the facade with centred main door, with one large sash window on each side. The second floor has three large sash windows. All the windows and doors present the same characteristics as wood sills and yellow coloured brick voussoir arches above the plinth of the building which is made out of large pieces of stone.
Building was erected by Abbott, Mitchell Steel & Iron Company in 1899, who in turn sold it to John F. Houston in 1926. Houston established a building supplies and lumber business on the site, until 1964 when it was sold to Stephens-Adamson Manufacturing Co.
More detail on earlier history, on file.