2018 Funding Released
Posted: November 10, 2017
Belleville City Council & Grant Committee Announce
Belleville Community Arts & Culture Fund Applications Release of the 2018 Funding
BELLEVILLE, Ontario – Mayor Taso Christopher, members of Council, the Grant Committee Chair, Councillor Mitch Panciuk and members of the Grant Committee are pleased to announce the public release of $25,000 for the 2018 Belleville Community Arts & Culture Fund which are guided and administered by the City of Belleville Grant Committee.
The Belleville Community Arts & Culture Fund’s intended effect on our community is to:
• Foster creativity within the Belleville community at all levels;
• Enrich how all Belleville residents experience and engage with the arts and culture to encourage awareness, understanding, appreciation, participation, inclusion, diversity and access;
• Leverage arts and culture to assert Belleville’s distinctiveness and to stimulate economic development and tourism;
• Ensure arts and culture funding aligns with that of comparable municipalities;
• Bring provincial, national and international recognition to Belleville as a centre for the arts and culture;
• Support arts and cultural projects through the granting of funds through project grants.
The Belleville Community Arts & Culture Fund (BCACF) supports arts and cultural projects ranging from music, dance and theatre, to multi-arts festivals, symposia and events. Arts and cultural projects funded through BCACF will help nurture the quality and capacity of the arts, artists, arts sector and the cultural community and enhance the quality of life and stimulate economic development through direct investment in Belleville. Approved Veridian proceeds are being transferred as an investment in Belleville’s cultural capital to foster cultural vitality and to increase the capacity of the arts and culture community to create and produce artistic works of performance. It enhances the community’s cultural life and economy and helps promote financial stability and sustainability. The BCACF monies for each year are contingent on City Council budget decisions.
Arts organizations, non-profits, and collectives are eligible to apply. For details, please read the BCACF Guidelines and Application on the City website. The deadline for applications is Friday, January 26, 2018, 3:30 p.m. Please use the following link http://www.belleville.ca/recreation/page/community-arts-culture-fund.
For more information please contact:
Director, Recreation, Culture & Community Services
Administrative Assistant, Recreation, Culture & Community Services