258 Front Street (Greenleys)
258 Front Street, Belleville, ON K8N
Part of Lot 43, west of Front Street, according to J.J. Haslett's Plan
December 5, 1983; By-Law # 11411
Brackets under cornice, gabled windows on second storey; original stone foundation, with split lath and plaster.
Original stone building approximately 1824; this foundation still exists. A third storey was added about 1883. The present brick facade was probably added in 1891. This building was originally used as a bakery; in the basement are the remains of a large open hearth. Building retains original tin ceiling and wood ceiling at the store level.
Photographs of original foundation, newspaper clippings on file.