The Belleville Accessibility Advisory Committee (BAAC) is comprised of members of council, staff representatives (such as the Accessibility Coordinator), and members of the community, the majority of whom are people with a disability. The BAAC offers input and advice on a wide range of municipal processes. They review and monitor accessibility in our city, and assist the municipality in carrying out its duties under the AODA. Responsibilities of the BAAC include, but are not limited to:
- Providing input based on first hand experiences about accessibility in the City of Belleville
- Providing consultation services to city staff and council for various projects
- Advising city staff and council regarding the implementation of accessibility standards in the ongoing development of policies, practices, and procedures
- Reviewing site plans and drawings, up to and include site visits
- Assisting with the identification of barriers and suggest priorities for accessibility project planning throughout the city
Please take a few minutes to complete the Mobility Bus Service Public Feedback Survey.
The Belleville Accessibility Advisory Committee and Belleville Transit are asking for your support to help us better understand the transportation needs and experiences of Mobility Bus users.
All responses are anonymous. Information provided will be used to help us improve accessible and responsive transit services for our community. The survey will be available until Friday December 20th 2019.
If you would like to receive this survey in an alternate format or with communication supports please contact our Accessibility Coordinator by phone at (613) 967-3200 extension 3502, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at City Hall, 169 Front St.
2019-2020 Accessibility Advisory Committee Members
Hollie Lloyd, Council Services Assistant
Sarah Collins, Accessibility Coordinator
February 2019 Meeting Minutes
April 2019 B.A.A.C Meeting Minutes
May 2019 B.A.A.C Meeting Minutes
June 2019 B.A.A.C Meeting Minutes
September 2019 B.A.A.C Meeting Minutes