Leaf & Yard Waste
Leaf & Yard Waste Depot
City of Belleville residents may dispose of leaf and yard waste at NO CHARGE in the designated area at the north side of the Public Works’ building located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent, from March 30, 2020 to November 30, 2020.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday & Tuesday 7:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:30 am.. - 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Closed for Statutory Holidays:
Note: The depot will not be available on the following holidays:
- May 18
- July 1
- August 3
- Sept. 7
- Oct. 12
- Nov. 11
City of Belleville residents may dispose of leaf and yard waste at NO CHARGE in the designated area at the north side of the Public Works’ building located at 75 Wallbridge Cres., from March 30, 2020 to Nov. 30, 2020.
All City residents will be required to show proof of address.
Contractors will only be allowed to dump leaf and yard waste at the Wallbridge Crescent depot collected from Belleville properties.
All leaf and yard waste must be dumped in the designated area and Public Works’ staff will deposit the material into the bins.
Recyclable paper bags accepted.
NO PLASTIC BAGS, please.
The City has been divided into six sections for curbside collections. Place Leaf and Yard waste to the curb by 7 a.m. on the designated dates.
If your residence is located in Ward #1, your 2020 collection dates are:
- West of Moira River & South of CNR Tracks - May 4 and Oct. 26
- West of Moira River & North of CNR Tracks, South of Hwy. 401 - May 11 and Nov. 9
- East of Moira River & North of Victoria Avenue, South of Hwy. 401 - May 19 and Nov. 2
- East of Moira River & South of Victoria Avenue - May 25 and Nov. 16
If your residence is located in Ward #2: Your 2020 Collection Dates Are:
- West of Highway 37 - June 1 and Oct. 19
- East of Highway 37 - June 8 and Oct. 13
Curbside Collection Rules
Place leaf and yard waste to the curb by 7 a.m. on the designated dates Place material in kraft paper bags; Plastic bags are not accepted material can be placed in cardboard boxes, canisters and bushel baskets at no charge; these items will be emptied and left at the curbside. Brush and tree imbs must have no more than a 2 3/4 inch trunk diameter, and no longer than 4 feet and they must be securely tied in small bundles Residents are reminded BY-LAW No. 98-175 prohibits depositing of leaf & yard waste on public streets.
- Grass Clippings
- Organic Plant Material generated from gardening and yard maintenance
- Brush and tree limbs
- Furniture or any item manufactured from wood
- Food waste from kitchens
- Animal Carcasses
- Food Service Operations
- Food Processing Facilities
- Food Handling Operations
(Note: these items should be composted or placed in regular weekly garbage)
Garbage will not be accepted.
For more information call: Transportation & Operations Services, 613-967-3275 (Monday to Friday)