Leaf & Yard Waste
Leaf & Yard Waste Depot
CITY RESIDENTS may dispose of leaf and yard waste at NO CHARGE in the designated area at the north side of the Public Works’ building located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent from April 12th, 2019 to November 29th, 2019 during the following hours:
Hours of Operation:
- Monday & Tuesday 7:30 am - 3:15 pm
- Wednesday 7:30 am - 7:15 pm
- Thursday & Friday 7:30 am - 3:15pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Closed for Statutory Holidays:
Note: The depot will not be available on the following holidays:
- April 19,22
- May 20
- July 1
- Aug 5
- Sept 2
- Oct 14
- Nov 11
City of Belleville residents may dispose of leaf and yard waste at NO CHARGE in the designated area at the north side of the Public Works’ building located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent, from April 12th, 2019 to November 29th, 2019.
All City residents will be required to show proof of address.
Contractors will only be allowed to dump leaf & yard waste at the Wallbridge Crescent depot collected from Belleville properties.
All leaf and yard waste must be dumped in the designated area and Public Works’ staff will deposit the material into the bins.
Recyclable paper bags accepted.
NO PLASTIC BAGS, please.
The City has been divided into six sections for curbside collections. Place Leaf and Yard waste to the curb by 7:00 am on the designated dates.
If your residence is located in Ward #1: Your 2019 Collection Dates Are:
- West of Moira River & South of CNR Tracks May 6th and October 28th
- West of Moira River & North of CNR Tracks, South of Hwy. 401 May 13th and November 12th
- East of Moira River & North of Victoria Avenue, South of Hwy. 401 May 21st and November 1st
- East of Moira River & South of Victoria Avenue May 27th and November 25th
If your residence is located in Ward #2: Your 2019 Collection Dates Are:
- West of Highway No. 37 June 3rd and October 21st
- East of Highway No. 37 June 10th and October 15th
Curbside Collection Rules
Place leaf and yard waste to the curb by 7:00am on the designated dates Place material in kraft paper bags; Plastic bags are not accepted Material can be placed in cardboard boxes, canisters and bushel baskets at no charge; these items will be emptied and left at the curbside Brush and Tree Limbs must have no more than a 2 3/4 inch trunk diameter, and no longer than 4 feet and they must be securely tied in small bundles Residents are reminded BY-LAW No. 98-175 prohibits depositing of leaf & yard waste on public streets.
- Grass Clippings
- Organic Plant Material generated from gardening and yard maintenance
- Brush and tree limbs
- Furniture or any item manufactured from wood
- Food waste from kitchens
- Animal Carcasses
- Food Service Operations
- Food Processing Facilities
- Food Handling Operations
(Note: these items should be composted or placed in regular weekly garbage)
Garbage will not be accepted.
For more information call: Transportation & Operations Services, 613-967-3275 (Monday to Friday)