Mineral Road and Maitland Drive Reconstruction and Service Extension
Mineral Road and Maitland Drive - HWY 62 to Farnham Road
$12,025,000 (Originally $10.1M)
Design - Summer 2014 to Summer 2017
Construction - Fall 2018
This project is the reconstruction of Mineral Road to extend Municipal Services from Millennium Drive to Maitland Drive. Servicing studies for the Cannifton Secondary Plan Area have identified Mineral Road as being a major sanitary sewer servicing corridor for a new trunk sanitary sewer, This trunk sewer is necessary to service lands north of Maitland Drive between Highway 62 and Farnham Road. The existing drainage ditch from Parks Drive northerly outlet onto private property along the west side of Mineral road. It is necessary to redirect and convey the drainage to a proper outlet.
This project involves the reconstruction of Maitland Drive between Highway 62 and Farnham Road. Maitland Drive will be reconstructed to urban standards including widening for a two way shared center left turn lane, street lighting and sidewalks. Sanitary and watermain will be installed to support the continued development of the Cannifton Secondary Plan area and a storm sewer will be installed to eliminate roadside ditches.
The Maitland Drive/Farnham Road intersection is currently a four way stop controlled intersection and traffic volumes are increasing as growth and development in the area continues. Traffic impact studies completed have identified the need for intersection improvements. Through the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process, a roundabout was selected as the technically preferred alternative for this intersection. A roundabout is included in the construction plans for this intersection.
• Consultations have begun with commercial and vacant land owners. Focus of discussion is on proposed road closures and construction staging along with sanitary and water servicing requirements.
• Pre-construction groundwater and well monitoring program has commenced.
• Gas main relocations are currently being coordinated with Union Gas.
• Permits and approvals are being updated to reflect the 2018 construction schedule.
• A Request for Proposal for consultant services to provide Contract Administration and Construction Inspection services has been issued with a December closing.
• Upon completion of the permit and approvals updates the Construction Tender will be issued. It is currently expected to be issued in January with the objective to begin construction in March 2018.
Public Information Centre - September 15 2015
Public Information Centre - Summary Report
Notice of Study Completion
Environmental Assessment Report – Part 1
Environmental Assessment Report – Part 2