Sidney Street Corridor
Sidney Street from Maple Drive to Bell Boulevard
Sidney St, Ontario
Design / Property Acquisition / Utility Relocation: 2019 Construction: 2021
Currently Completing Utility Relocations and Detail Design
A Municipal Class Environmental Assessment and preliminary design was completed in 2015 for Sidney Street from Tracey Street / Tracey Park Drive to Bell Boulevard. Based on the preferred option resulting from the Environmental Assessment, this project includes:
- Reconstruction and widening of the Sidney Street / Bell Boulevard intersection to add dedicated turn lanes on each approach to accommodate traffic growth.
- Widening of Sidney Street between Bell Boulevard and Tracey Street to add a centre two-way left turn lane to assist traffic turning into the many entrances along this corridor.
- Realignment of the Sidney Street / Tracey Street / Tracey Park Drive intersection to eliminate the “jog” between both legs of the intersection and to add dedicated left turn lanes for traffic on Sidney Street.
- Replacement of the watermain and asphalt resurfacing from Maple Drive to Bell Boulevard.
- This Sidney Street Corridor – Bell Boulevard to Maple Drive project was included in 2017 Capital Projects. Since then, property acquisition, utility relocations and detail design work have been ongoing.
- Relocation of a major pole line and accompanying underground duct work is anticipated to be completed in Spring 2019.
- $7,250,000 was approved for construction in the City’s 2019 Capital Budget.
- Detail design and approvals are being finalized.
- Construction to start Fall 2019.
Sidney Street Corridor Improvements (Bell Boulevard to Tracey Street) Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Report - March 16, 2015
Appendix A - Traffic Analysis Report
Appendix B - Natural Heritage Evaluation
Appendix C - Tree Inventory and Assessment
Appendix D - Stage 1 Archeological Assessment
Appendix E - Heritage Impact Assessment
Appendix F - Geo-technical Investigation
Appendix G - Detailed Evaluation Matrices For Alternatives
Appendix H - Preliminary Design Drawing
Appendix I - List of Stakeholders
Appendix J - Project Notices
Appendix K - Project Correspondence
Appendix L - Public Information Centre Summary
Appendix M - Public Information Centre - Part 1
Appendix M - Public Information Centre - Part 2
Appendix M - Public Information Centre - Part 3